Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Inbound Calls denied when caller id is blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

bylr

Programmer
Apr 20, 2023
US
SV8100 using SIP IP TRUNKS

If a caller blocks their caller id, then the call will not ring into the system and the caller hears a busy tone. As soon as they unblock the caller id, the call rings in.
I am unaware of a way to block calls at the system level if the caller id is not present on an inbound call. Any insight?

We use the same provider of the SIP trunks on 100 other systems with no issues blocking a call.

Just curious if I am missing a setting inside the system.

Thank you for the help.

Wireshark it. Usually this is a carrier setting to stop spam calls.

I've tested this on a SV9100, but I think it would work on an SV8100.
Look at 14-01-27. This enables 'Caller ID Refuse' on a per trunk basis. If you don't have any specific Caller ID numbers ('Caller ID Refuse') that you are blocking, try unchecking this if it is checked. There are two features that sound similar, 'Private Call Refuse' and 'Caller ID Refuse.' Your problem sounds like 'Private Call Refuse.' There is a code (set in 11-10-32) and/or a key assignment (15-07 key 86) for invoking it, and COS permission to do so in 20-07-24.
The setting in 14-01-27 enables 'Caller ID Refuse' and 'Private Call Refuse.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back