Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Dialtone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
We've got a weird issue... maybe someone here knows a quick answer.

We have a SV8100 with a DSS Wink-start T. Enventis has assured me that they are not generating dialtone on the channels.

But when I start to dial, and I dial 9 to get an outside line and start dialing, after about the 3rd or 4th digit, I get a dialtone. I can keep dialing and the call goes through, but needless to say it's confusing my users quite a bit.

Any thoughts on where to look in the configuration for this issue?

TIA!

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

In retrospect, as soon as I see it grab a channel, I'm getting a dialtone. I'm calling Enventis right now.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Check out command 34-01-01 and also 34-01-04, you might have these turned on and you can turn them off and test. Also check out for great info and cheat sheets/problem solving.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

The system is waiting to see if you dial 911...

-------------------
bodie

peporter:

I was going to check out that site, and I get a 403. :(

Just my 2¢

--Greg

I am sorry, You must go to and on the main page click on the SV8100 link with in the text. That will take you there.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back