Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 crashing, will not reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi all,

We've got a customer with a fairly old SV8100. They've started to report that it's crashing from time to time. It usually manifests as no incoming/outgoing calls, and whilst we can usually connect to it via WebPro or PCPro it will not reboot. I try the usual system initialise procedures from within PCPro and WebPro, even setting an automatic system reboot time but it does not reboot. Turning off the power via the switch on the front of the chassis does not seem to immediately shut down the system, sometimes taking a few seconds, other times taking several minutes, sometimes not working at all (and if that happens we will just pull the power from the back of the chassis).

I updated the system to the latest firmware and I thought that had resolved it but it crashed again a couple of days ago. On this occasion the handsets all said "Initialise" and just hung like that. I could ping the system on its VOIP address but I couldn't browse to it or connect via PCPro this time. I had the customer switch it off via the chassis switch and luckily it did shut down after a few seconds. Upon switching back on it was working as normal. I suspect that this will happen again.

Has anybody seen this before? Thinking about it, we've had a few customer systems do this over the past 12 months, all of a similar age, all SV8100. Maybe something to do with the battery on the processor cards?

Thanks,

Dave

You should make sure the battery is good, however I have seen this on a SL2100. It turned out to be a corrupt dbase. We had to re-key it. You could try re-loading a back-up if you have one. The next time you shut down, pull the CPU blade then re-seat it. Sometimes you get tarnish or poor connectivity on the gold contacts. Activity on the KSU sometimes moves the CPU to backplane creating a bad connection.

Ok thanks belevedere, I'll see if I can give that a go next time it happens.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back