Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 CFBNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

idahomitel

Technical User
Jul 10, 2006
US
I have 24-09 set for pilot of hunt for CFBNA for 3 phones. They go to the main greeting instead of their personal mbox. Going by customer's word here.

pilot of hunt for CFBNA ---Do you mean you set call forward busy no answer to the pilot number of the voicemail?, or to the pilot number of a department group?

Going by customer's word here.---- You need to see whats going on from the site. Make sure that nobody set up a VRS message to everyone. Code 713 + 3 cancels it. You cannot go by what the customer says. If they have a vm box, they are set to cf-b/na to the vm pilot (MB 24-09, items 02/03/04/05 all set to the pilot), then it should go to their personal vm box.

I see the extensions are in a ring group. Could that be it?

Yes. While in a ring group calls will not forward to an individual extension. Verify this by calling an individual extension internally that is set to call forward to their vm.

Ok, took the extensions out of ringing group. Incoming calls are set up normal during the day and routed to vm pilot at night, except line 1 which successfully forwards in night mode off-premise. Line 3 rings DIL to 103 day and night. System is in night mode presently. When I dial line 3 directly, I get the main greeting. If I dial in on line 2 then dial 103 from the main greeting I get voice mail for 103. Lights are blinking, but no audible ringing.

Sounds like x 103 has their VM set to go to a message from auto attn. Check MB 47-02-09 and make sure it's not checked. This is a user option.

Unfortunately that's not it. Besides the fact that there is no audible ringing on any of the phones, it seems like there is a timer issue like would happen if DID's were part of the equation.

Line 3 rings DIL to 103 day and night. System is in night mode presently. When I dial line 3 directly, I get the main greeting...
In this case you should hear the greeting from x 103 vm box. Listen to the greeting recorded in the mail box and see if the user was trying to record the system main greeting and placed it in their personal greeting instead.
Further troubleshooting may require seeing a copy of the system database.

I would be happy to send you a copy of the data base. Where can I send it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back