Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Cap Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAmonkey

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2020
US
i was wondering if someone could shed some light on cap keys, i am under the impression that they run in order, however i see that they follow the phone first then the 8 port side car. these are DT700 24 with the 8 additional

so as an example buttons 19 and 20 ( on phone ) are say cap key 9 and 10 and then on the sidecar have cap keys 1-8
call always start at 9. if i remove cap keys 9 and 10 from buttons 19 and 20 calls start on the side car as expected on 1. as long as i have cap keys on both phone and sidecar call always start on phone first no matter what order or placement the cap keys are set.

Calls with cap keys will go to the lowest number button on the phone that is not in use. The cap key number does not come into play. If you want you can give people the same cap numbers to simulate traditional linees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back