Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suspect Database-Any Solution 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISChana

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
IN
Dear All Guru's of SQL

Yesterday when I tried to take the backup of my SQL Database I saw suspect written in its name and there was no item in the database I tried to copy mydatabase.mdf file on another server but it was not recovered i also checked event log error there was long messgae like forwardasy....wriiten I coun't understand.

Can anybody help me in this regards, how to recover the data and why this happend

regards

Inderjeet

You probably need to read the above link, but if you just want to remove the suspect status and bring it back on line (accepting any inconsistancy that might exist inside it) and you can't recover from your backups..

I have a nice little helper for you on my website..

go to the link on fixing a suspect database.

I find that if my database is shown as SUSPECT, all I need to do is Detach it and then Attach it.

For me, it seems to happen if SQL Server was shutdown with users still connected to the database.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back