Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUSAdmin Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester4281

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2002
US
When the clients try to connect they get a Underconstruction page ? How can I get this to work. I can admin it, sync it evertyhing works on the admin side, its the users side.

your clients dont actually connect to the update server via internet explorer. I believe the Under construction page is by design. Your clients dont use the SUS server like the tradional windows update page. Your clients should just connect in the background. If you want to see if your clients are working, you need to vies the IIS log files on the SUS Server itself.

We use the following kix file for the users to configure their Automatic Updates so they go to the SUS server we've installed:

$HKLM="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\"
$ISOK=ExistKey("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\")
If $ISOK <> 0
$ReturnCode=AddKey("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate")
$ReturnCode=AddKey("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\AU")
$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\AU","UseWUServer","1","REG_DWORD")
$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\AU","NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers","1","REG_DWORD")
$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\AU","NoAutoUpdate","0","REG_DWORD")
$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\AU","AUOptions","4","REG_DWORD")
$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\AU","ScheduledInstallDay","2","REG_DWORD")
$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\AU","ScheduledInstallTime","0","REG_DWORD")
$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\","WUServer","$ReturnCode=WRITEVALUE("$HKLM\WindowsUpdate\","WUStatusServer","Endif

Place the name of your SUS server where needed in this kix

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back