Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUS Fix for clients not downloading updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun72

MIS
Nov 12, 2002
US
I just wanted to share a fix I found with SUS not updating clients. I found that if you installed the URL scanner seperatly it will block .exe files by default. Since the updates are .exe files it prevents them from being downloaded. By going into the URL Scanner urlscan.ini file and removing .exe from the "Deny extensions" list it will allow downloads and installs of the updates.

Thanks,
TG

i see this urlscan preventing updates in the log file, i dont have any stuff like that installed on the culprit wkstns. How can i fix this?

"...Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path..."

Ö¿Ö

The URL scanner is installed on the SUS server not the workstations. Find the urlscan.ini file on the server and make the change I document above.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back