Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Surpressing subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbumstead

Technical User
Apr 30, 2009
US
I have a report that has a subreport that is from a free text field. They changed the field to another free text field. I need to put both of these sub reports on a report but surpress the old one if the report date is on or after 04/15/09. I put in the formula of:
{my.date.field} >= Date (04/15/09). When I do this, it surpresses the sub report all together.
When I do this to the new field with
{my.date.new} < date (04/15/09) it works. Does anyone know the correct formulas?

Thanks

It is unclear what you are trying to do. You might want to try again and for one thing, clarify where you are using these formulas--main report or subreport? Are you trying to format a report section or a field? Which one?

-LB

I am trying to surpress the subreports in the main report thru format editor for the subreport. Not the report section.

Insufficient information. Please don't make us guess.

-LB

I am not trying to make you guess. I have a report. In this main report there is a subreport (I will call subreport 1) that has one field in it. The program that I am pulling information from, they changed that one field that is in the subreport 1 to a different field. Now, I need to put that field into a subreport (which is subreport 2) and add it to the main report. However, the first subreport has information in it that I still need to be able to extract. On 04/15/09 when the new field was created, subreport 2 was created to place on the report. I need a formula for the main report that will show subreport 1 if the date range is before 04/15/09. If the date range is on or after 04/15/09 on the main report then I want subreport 2 to show.
I hope I have explained it better for you.

So you should just be able to format the first subreport to suppress using:

{table.date} >= date(2009,4,15)

...and suppress subreport 2 with:

{table.date} < date(2009,4,15)

But I think this is what you tried. Please explain what was incorrect about these results.

-LB

{table.date} >= date(2009,4,15)
When I did the above, the subreport surpressed for the complete report. Even prior to 04/15/09

Is the date field the one that has been changed in the database? If so, are you sure it still exists there in its old form? Try placing both fields on the main report and observe whether they return values.

-LB

No. The field that has been changed is a free text multiline field just like the old one.

In your first post you referenced field {my.date.field} and {my.date.new}.

Try removing the checkmark for suppression and just leave the conditional formula in the x+2 area for suppression. I'm guessing you have some null dates.

-LB

Thank you for your help. It is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back