Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suretrak - Activities file not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSWA

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2001
PA
Hello, I have project with problem. The project is running on XP with Suretrak 3.0b, the project open only in this PC. If somebody knows how repair file of Suretrak, please advise or what will be the solution?.

When I try to open the project on another computer, the message "Activities file not found" appear.

Best regards from Panama,

Marlon

I had this same problem and after searching for solutions in my spare time for a week, TSWA's post was the only thing I could find on this. After lots of trial and error I found a workaround. I still have no idea what caused the problem initially.

My specific problem was this: I had one machine running SureTrak 3.0b and a folder with multiple schedules that were in the Concentric (P3) format. I backed up the projects and then restored them to another machine also running SureTrak 3.0b. Once restored, I would get an error when opening the projects that said File not found Activities.

Here is the workaround that fixed my problem:
Open the schedule on machine A
Save As type "Suretrak"
Backup the schedule
Transfer the schedule backup to machine B
Restore the schedule
Open the schedule on machine B
Save As "Concentric P3"

Hope this will help anyone else that runs into this probelm.

-EQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back