Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supressing "Importing..." Image Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrous270

Technical User
Jul 27, 2002
US
Is there a way to supress the "Importing such and such Image" Box and progress bar when I go to a new record on a form.

I've already tried. Any other suggestions?

Private Sub Form_Current()

DoCmd.SetWarning (False)
Code to assign picture path
DoCmd.SetWarning (True)

End Sub

Thanks,
Nitrous270

Use DoCmd.Echo False to turn off screen updating while you do the import, and DoCmd.Echo True to turn it back on when you're done.

I recommend you use error trapping during this operation. Otherwise, if an error causes you to exit without turning screen updating back on, Access will appear to be hung. (It will actually be responding, but you won't be able to tell by looking at the screen.)

If you manage to get stuck with screen painting left turned off, you can press Ctrl-G to open the debug window (invisibly), and then blindly enter "docmd.echo true" to fix the problem. Another solution is to put this into an AutoKeys macro, assigning a function key such as {F4} to it.

(Actually, the preceding paragraph applies to Access 97, but I'm not sure about later versions. It may be that even when screen updating is off in the Access window, the VB editor window remains responsive.)

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Hmm no luck. I tried that on both the Form_Current event and the AddPicture button and both still displayed the importing image box.

Any further suggestion?

Thanks,
Nitrous270

Sorry, I'm empty. Anybody else got an idea?

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Here is a link to a different thread I posted on how I solved the problem.

thread702-588996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back