Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supressing Group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento

MIS
Jun 19, 2005
US
Crystal Reports 8.5 to XI
I have all of the above. I'm currently using 8.5, but I can use any version of you can get this work.

I have a report with a subreport. I want the Main report to only be visible if subreport data is returned. As it is now, the main report is returing data even if the subreport is blank.

Things I've tried:
Right clicking on the subreport in XI, and checking suppress Blank Subreport. Of course, that only supresses the subreport and doesn't remove the main report groups.

My subreport is using several WhilePrintingRecords to get totals to pass from the subreport to the main report. since a shared variable has to be below the subreport, I can't use that shared varible to X+2 supress in all the groups I need to supress.

I've tried Crystals: "How to suppress a section in the main report that contains a blank subreport". I did work, but not on all the groups on the main report.

I figured it out.

>>I've tried Crystals: "How to suppress a section in the main report that contains a blank subreport". I did work, but not on all the groups on the main report.

I had accidently included the Suppress shared variable in the second subreport group.

I want to give you a star because in your original post I got the answer to something I was looking for.

Things I've tried:
Right clicking on the subreport in XI, and checking suppress Blank Subreport.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back