Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supressing Content Rows

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaumeeScott

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
US
I am attempting to only show data in my content section based on a formula. I need to pull all of the data into the report for other formulas, but as far as displaying the records in the content section go, only some will be displayed. If I override the Methods on Text Controls I end up with holes in the report where the surpressed records would be. Is there a way to ovreride the methods on the content frame itself?

The forumla I want to use would look like the following:

if IsNull(row.getvalue("table.field")) then show the record else surpress.

Thanks,
Scott

You can override the BuildFromRow method of the frame and based on the condition set the height of the frame to zero.

I hope this helps.

-- JB

John,
I am struggling a bit on the syntax. I also don't see the BuildFromRow method on the Content Frame, do I need to add it?

Thanks again,
Scott

Please try this to see the BuildFromRow in the Methods list:

1.Double click the frame in the structure pane, to open Component Editor.
2.Click Methods tab.
3.Click Filter (at the bottom).
4.Select 'Show all methods' and click OK.

Now you will be able to see BuildFromRow in the list.

-- JB

I now see the method, but can't seem to get the syntax correct. Would is make more sense to use a conditional section instead? Can I use a variable in the ifExp in the Conditional section?

Thanks again for all your input. It has been extremely helpful.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back