Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supress Subreport and lose Shared variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SueSp

MIS
Jul 26, 2004
US
Hello again.

System: CE 10 Embedded, CR 10, Win2k, MSSQL, IIS, Reports delivered via ASP.

I have a report that contains a subreport in the Main reports Detail section. This subreport has a shared variable. It is:
whileprintingrecords;
shared numbervar WTtotal;
WTtotal:=WTtotal + {@WeightXQty}

The idea is to pass a total weight back to the main report. The main report contains a formula in its group footer. It is:
whileprintingrecords;
shared numbervar WTtotal

This all seems to work fine. However, I don't want to show the detail section nor the subreport. The report is showing the group footer only. Once I suppress the subreport I get 0 returned from the subreport formula.

My work would be done if I could just suppress the Detail section... Any ideas?

Thanks as always,
Sue

That's true, if you suppress the section, the subreport doesn't fire.

And a subreport at the details section sounds punishing.

Try using a Stored Procedure, or joined Views, an Add Command or a subquery in a SQL Expression to return the required values instead.

-k

Try suppressing all sections within the subreport, and then select the subreport->format subreport->check "Suppress blank subreport". Then in the section expert for the details section, check "suppress blank section". This will remove the display of the details section without the full impact of actually suppressing it.

This tested out in 11.0, as long as there were no other detail fields.

-LB

lbass - this seems to work! Thanks - awsome forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back