Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

supreport linking

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwindow

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
US
Is there a way to link a date parameter used in a main report to a subreport? I want my subreport to collect data for the selected range in the main report. Is there a way to link the parameter in the main report to the subreport?

First of all, create a parameter field in your sub-report for the date. Then in you main report, right click on the sub report and select Change Subreport Links menu item. Mapp the date field in the main report to the parameter field you just created. A report selection formula will be built for you.

Parameters do now show up on as a selection criteria. I created the date parameter in the subreport; however, there was no link option in the main report.

There is - as long as the two parameters are of the same type. You will probably need to use the extremely small scroll bar (about 0.5cm tall) in the linking window on the bottom left of the linking expert in order to find the correct parameter in the subreport.

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back