Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppression formula assistance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbecker614

Technical User
Apr 4, 2005
US
Crystal XI
Report is off of MS Excel Data

Currently have a report that lists employee records of hires. The report lists employees that could have worked for several different companies. I need to suppress records where all of the records indicate that the employee is terminated.

The key for the suppression will be the terminated date. I need to suppress records when all of the specific employee detail lines have a terminated date. If the employee has at least one null value for the terminated date, I would need to show all records for that employee.

Sample layout:

2 records; employee termintated on both records, I would need to suppress this entire employee from the report

Emp# Hire Date Term Date
001 10/01/2001 12/31/2003
001 11/23/2005 06/30/2006

3 records; employee terminated on 2 records but not on the third. I would need to show all records for this employee.

Emp# Hire Date Term Date
004 01/01/1999 12/31/2002
004 01/01/2004 06/30/2004
004 01/01/2006 (blank or null value)

I should add that there is currently a suppression formula for the details that is suppressing records for employees that have only one record. This utilizes a counting summary in the group footer and suppressing the details section when the count is less than 2.

Any suggestions? Appreciate any and all help. Can post further details if needed

I would have used group selection for both issues, but since you are currently using suppression, you could just add to your suppression formula. Create a formula {@current} in the formula expert:

if isnull({table.date}) then 1

Then add to your current suppression formula:

or
sum({@current},{table.emp#}) = 0

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back