Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing the page header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennie47250

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
US
Working with Crystal 7.0

Have an order report that shows orders entered for the day. Then in 2 different sub reports, that are in the report footers (B and C), I show historical order data.

In the details section I have the data for the orders that were entered for that day.

I have column headings in the Page Header and they are printing on every page, Want them to stop printing on that last page that has orders entered for that day. That could be on page 1 page 3 or page 15, depending on how many orders were entered that day.

In report footer A I have totals of the orders entered for that day.

Would like the column headers to print on every page including the page with the Report Footer A but not on only other pages.

Depending on the number of orders, Report Footer A and Report Footer B may print on the same page and if that occurrs, the headers should print on that page.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Create two formulas in the field explorer->formulas->new:

//{@True} to be placed in the RF_b section and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

//{@false} to be placed in the report header and suppressed:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := false;

Then in the section expert->page header->suppress->x+2 enter:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true;//note no colon

-LB

I’m sure it is something I’m doing wrong as lbass is usually spot on but I was unable to get this to work for me.

However, what is working for me is in the Page Header is suppressing with OnLastRecord

Do you want to explain how you tried to implement my suggestion? Using "Onlastrecord" will work most of the time, but if you have only one last record on a page, the page header will not appear.

-LB

As I suspected, I must have done something wrong. Just did it again and it is working as it should be.

My hunce is I put the 2nd formula in the page header not the report header.

Yes, that would make it not work. Glad you got it figured out.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back