Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing subreports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5timesnc

Programmer
Feb 21, 2002
US
Hello CR Gurus,

I have a serious problem using Crystal Reports 8.5 There is a linked subreport in the detail section of the main report that I was forced to use due to inaccurate information when
I had all the tables linked in the main report. There are 4 groups defined in the main report. The subreport in the detail section does calculations that are displayed in the group 4 footer. The report displays the correct data, however it retuns a blank line in the report for each row read in the subreport, in some cases an entire blank page between the group 4 header and footer. If I try to suppress the detail line, that contains the subreport, the calculations in the subreport don't execute, which causes problems elsewhere with other calculations. I have minimized the size of the detail line, but the report still looks bad. Any advise from knowledgable CR experts, would
be greatly appreciated, as I have been working on this weeks, and would hate to start over because of this limitation. Please tell there is a way!

do a search through this form and Crystal Reports 1 form on this topic....this has been discussed quite a bit. JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

Sounds like you need to suppress the details of the subreport, not the main report, but your question isn't clear.
You might also want to read about a technique called the stealth subreport:

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back