Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing subreports within main reports by selection formulas/booleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

yosteevo

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2012
US
Crystal Reports 2008 Experts"

Is it possible to suppress a subreport that is within a main report by using record selection formulas / booleans (true/false scenarios)?

For example:
If IsNull({database.field})
Then
True
Else
False

Any help would be great!
I'm trying to get around creating multiple customized reports for my department's needs.

Thanks

Stephen Waichulis

Right click on the subreport and click on menu "Format Subreport". A dialog box will be shown, find the check box "Supress" and click the related button "X+2" ( on the right side) - you can write your formula in the formula editor which will be shown .

Viewer, scheduler and report manager for Crystal reports and SSRS.
Send your report everywhere.

Hello RTag,
Thanks for responding.

I need to control the suppression of the entire subreport from the main report.
I was trying to control the suppression of my subreports by writing syntax within the subreports and this still generated lots of blank white space.

My intention is to create a parameter that will prompt the user to say yes or no for certain subreports to run/show. The parameters need to be controlled by a boolean / true/false option that would essentially suppress the entire subreport if certain testing was not performed by our LAB.

I believe creating a parameter is the answer to what I'm attempting to do.
I'm just not sure how to link this parameter to the subreports I wish to show or hide.

Stephen

Please do NOT cross post--there are now six posts instead of the one you needed.

-LB

No, i'm wrong. There are about five sets of two of the same posts! Please do not do this again.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back