Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

suppressing subreports in CR 8.5? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardtm

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
I have a report that pulls all the implants inserted in a surgical procedure. Looks like this:

patientname implant
marc stent
screw
rod
screw2

Now I'd like to add the staff names that worked that case. I tried just inserting the field, but got duplicates (if there were 5 people working that case, crystal would create additional records so that every implant was listed 5 times with a new name next to it, essentially giving me 20 records when i only need 4). Next I tried using a subreport containing only names. This time I got back a duplicate subreport for each record.

Is there a way to suppress all the subreports in a group except for the very first one? Ultimately, I need the report to look like this:

patientname implant staff
marc stent mary
screw joe
rod dr. who
screw

Thanks for any ideas!

Assuming you have a group on patient, you should place the subreport in a group header section instead of in the details section, and link it to the main report by the group field. Then format the GH to "Underlay following sections" so that it will align with the detail records.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back