Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing ribbon updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
Is there a way of suppressing ribbon updates completely during execution?

I can use ToggleRibbon but that still shows the tabs and during macro execution, they still flash, slowing down everything. I've also tried using it in conjunction with Application.ScreenUpdating but they still flash furiously.

Application.Screenupdating only supresses the textual updates. The ribbon still updates. If you minimize the ribbon, it still flashes. What I'm asking for is a way to stop the ribbon updating.

If you watch the ribbon, even when ScreenUpdating is false, it keeps on changing. If the text is bold, the bold button comes on, if you go into a table, the ribbon changes to a the table tab etc. It is obvious on fairly longish multi-page documents.

> If the text is bold, the bold button comes on

This suggest that you are using the Selection object, since the ribbon reflects the status of the current Selection. Try not to use it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back