Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing pages within groups > than 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillp

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
We have 30 groups of machines. Within each group we have 3 status types, Frozen, Planned and Available. When printing this report we double side to printer and so only want to print a total of 2 pages per group. Since each group has a varied number of orders in each status group as well as 4 possible comment lines beneath each order, so there is no way to know the number of records that may be returned on each page. I would like to suppress a page if it is greater than 2.

I've got the page numbers resetting on each group so I can easily identify pages over 2, and I can suppress each group and detail line on pages greater then 2, but the page prints 'blank'. Since it is not truly blank but suppressed, I am not sure where to go with this.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jill Pleau

In the section expert, make sure that you have also checked "suppress blank section" the relevant section.

-LB

Thanks for the suggestion, this didn't work for me.

I tested this, and was able to limit to two pages per group, BUT could not find a way to eliminate one blank page at the end of the report. If this is close enough for you, then do the following:

Format all page sections to "suppress blank section".

Create two formulas (these can be suppressed):

//{@Reset} to be placed in the group header:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar cnt;
cnt := 0;

//{@cnt} to be placed in the page footer:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar cnt;
cnt := cnt + 1;

In the section expert, conditionally suppress the group header and details sections by entering a formula in the x+2 area:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar cnt;
cnt > 1

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back