Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing PageHeaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzdncnfsd

MIS
Jul 14, 2000
US
How do I suppress a pageheader for a Group Footer that I want to print as a separate page? If I use "Not OnLastRecord" in the conditional suppress box in the PageHeader section, I might not get any pageheaders at all because the last record may be on the first page. I need it to suppress only when printing the Group Footer page.
Thanks,
Gladys
Gladys Clemmer
gladys.clemmer@goldkist.com

What comes to mind is to select new page before on the group footer using onlastrecord as the criteria, and then you can state not(onlastrecord) for the page header.

Otherwise, if everything fits on one page, including the group footer, then you'd get a page header in the event there was only 1 row returned, right?

This way the group footer always kicks to a new page which does not have a pageheader.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

There may be a simpler approach but here's what comes to mind:

Insert a very thin "Group Footer 1A" and set a Variable to TRUE in that section. Set "New Page after"' to that section.

Your "real" "Group Footer 1B" will now be pushed to a new page.

Suppress the Page Header based on the Variable value (if it's TRUE). Reset the value of the variable to False in Group Footer 1B.

Cheers,
- Ido
CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back