Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing Page Totals if Group Totals is Printed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stem

Programmer
Apr 14, 2000
GB
I have a report where I calculate a 2 Running Page Totals. At the end of the report I print 6 different possible Report Totals in the Report Footer (Any number of which can print). These Group Totals are suppressed if they are 0, and they are grouped to print on one page (using &quot;Keep Together&quot;). <br><br>I would like to find a way of Suppressing my Page Total ONLY if the Report Total has printed (i.e. ONLY on the last page).<br><br>I tried:<br>[1] Using &quot;OnLastRecord&quot; to suppress the page total. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Result: Suppresses it on the second to last page as <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;well if the Last Record prints on that page :(<br>[2] Using a variable field (x) where<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[2.1] in the detail section I set x := 0<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[2.2] in the last Report Footer section I set x := 1 <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(this will allways print)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[2.3] then I suppress it if x = 1<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Result: Same as [1] :(<br><br>I believe that the Report footer is analysed and even if it is not printed the variable is set to 1, causing my problem.<br><br>Any suggestions anyone *begs* .... *grin* lets see if there is a workaround!

Have you tried putting the totals that you want to print only at the end of the report in Report Footer, rather than the Page Footer?&nbsp;&nbsp;You can format the Report Footer to print at the bottom of the page, so that it mimics a Page Footer when it does print.&nbsp;&nbsp;I suspect you may have rejected this solution for some reason, but I don't know enough about the issue here. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I tried it, but it only prints on the last page and I need it to print on every page BUT the last :(<br><br>Let me re-phrase my problem:<br><br>My Report Prints a BIG (6 @ page max) detail section. It prints a page footer with running-totals for some of the fields in the Detail Section. At the end of the Report It print a Report Footer with Totals for some of the fields etc. Depending on a number of things It either prints or suppress parts of this Report Footer. The Report footer CAN be up to 8 lines long. ALL of the lines of the Report Footer MUST print on the SAME page. [All of this works fine.]<br><br>My Problem: I need to suppress the Page footer on the last page (As it is wrong to print the running totals after the Grand Total) but it MUST print on all other pages. <br><br>Solutions I tried:<br>1] Suppressing the Report footer OnLastRecord: this work fine EXCEPT when the last record prints on the second-to-last page and the Report Totals print on the Last Page --&gt; in this case the Page footer is suppressed on the second-to-last page :(<br>2] Using the variable method I described in my initial post: The Page footer is suppressed on the second-to-last page as well.<br><br>Any other Suggestions?

Hi Stem,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I think I got it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Go to Section Expert and choose Page Footer.&nbsp;&nbsp;Click on the Suppress Formula box and choose Other in the Functions Box.&nbsp;&nbsp;Use the following formula:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PageNumber = TotalPageCount<br><br>Put these Special Fields on your report (I put them in the Report Footer).&nbsp;&nbsp;You can unconditionally suppress them using Format Field.&nbsp;&nbsp;It worked for me.&nbsp;&nbsp;Good Luck!! <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back