Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing ADO/RDS warnings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

split27

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
FR
I've built a website which connects to a database.
This site is not on an intranet (the webserver is not available for the moment) but is on a distributed disk.

I use vbscript to access my MSAccess Database.

Each time I open a connection to the base the following warning is appearing.

This page is accessing a data source on another domain. Do you want to allow this ?

First time it's surprising :-0, the second it's not funny :-I, the third it's very hard to keep cool %-( and after... >:):O>

PLEASE anyone knows how to disable this warning ? If it appears only once it would be appreciated too ! :cool:
PLEASE !!
--
X-) Split.

To disable the warning, you need to Enable the option named "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" for the appropriate web zone. Jon Hawkins

I'm searching a scripting solution to my problem.
I don't want to ask the administrator to add the site to the trusted list : the easiest administrativ task always needs a long time to be done.

I think it exists a way to remember a warning appeared and to prevent the system to print it again.

Do you know such a solution ?
--
X-) Split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back