Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing a Group Header Based on Report Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenoafc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2013
GB
Hi

I have a Group Header field Called "User Name"

I need to suppress this Group Header field if a field in the report "Group Name" equals "Project Green"

If the "Group Name" doesnt equal Project Green then I need the Group Header to still display.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Can't tell whether you are trying to suppress a field in the group header or the group header section. If it is the field, then:

Select {table.username}->right click->format field->suppress->x+2 and enter:

{table.groupfield} = "Project Green"

If you are trying to suppress a group header, then you need to explain whether the group header is the for the group that has "Project Green" as one of its instances (in which cases you can use the above formula in the suppression formula area in the section expert for this group header) or whether the group header you want to suppress is a higher order group header and you want to suppress it whenever a lower order group contains the instance "Project Green".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back