Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Tool tip text in CR8 report designer Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan77

Programmer
Jan 28, 2001
ZA
Hi there
I appolgise if this question has been answered before but the search is down ...
I would like to know how to suppress the tool tip text for all of the fields in a report. I'm using the CR8 report designer component with vb6.
I know it can be done with "full" crystal, but I don't seem to have the same options...
any ideas?

Honestly I'm not sure what the tool tip option is but I have used the RDC component a ton. When I find an option that's available in Crystal Reports and not the RDC in VB, I save the RDC report as a crystal report (right click on the report, go to reports and save as crystal report). Then I make the change and reinsert it into VB. For some crazy reason, they don't give you all of the options of Crystal when creating a report using the RDC but the RDC will support the prexisting functionality of an imported existing crystal report.

So, in short, if you can't figure out how to do it in the RDC, export to Crystal, make the change and import it again. It usually takes all of 5 minutes tops.

Good luck!

CrystalVisualBOracle

The above does not work for tool tips.

To eliminate the tooltip the only way I found is to select a report object in the designer, right click on format..., goto the common tab and select the formula button next to the tooltip. Insert a "chr(9)" without quotes as the formula. Do this for each report object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back