Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress text box when printing on paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJWheezyWeez

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
US
This is a bit of a unique issue and I'm not sure if it's possible but I'm hoping for a solution or other ideas to try.

I'm using crystal XI. I have a report (an invoice report) that has a text box in the page header underlayed to show in the middle of the page to act similar to a watermark. It indicates to the person running the report if the invoice has a certain status. It's strictly used by that person and not something we want being sent out to a customer when we print it out. Ideally, I'd like to have the text box show on the report on screen but be suppressed or have the text turn white or something to hide it when it's printed out on paper and avoid creating two reports that the user would need to run.

Also, because of the uniqueness of this report, the software the user uses to run this report doesn't allow for any parameters. I can add anything I want to the design view of the report, additional tables, formulas, etc, but I can't touch the select expert or create parameters.

I'm not sure if this idea is possible (at least not the way I'm thinking of it) but anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

If you do not have subreports you can add your main report as a subreport and add just the field to the main report. You will be able to print one or the other and control the visibility of the textobject. Although you will have 2 reports you will need to maintain just one, because the second report will be practically a shell around the first report. Are you locked to your current software ?

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports, SSRS and Dynamic Dashboards.

Unfortunately I do have multiple subreports and yes, I'm locked to the software. I've done some continued Googleing and have come up empty. It doesn't sound possible so I'm going to figure something else out. Thanks.

Did you even try to add a parameter ? If there is a parameter Crystal engine ( not the application) will show a dialog box and you can just set the value.

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports, SSRS and Dynamic Dashboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back