Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Section with Blank Subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

1tufgt

Programmer
Apr 11, 2020
US
I know there is a option in the section expert to suppress if blank but the issues I’m running into is that I also have code in that same section of showPage = N to suppress.

The problem seems to be that code is not hiding the blank subreport so I wasn’t sure if there was another way to accomplish this.

I tried using shared variable from the sub report but when I hide the subreport the shared variable doesn’t get populated on the main report.

Any ideas of another possible solution?

I'm assuming you cannot see the subreport because you have suppressed all sections within the subreport and have also formatted the subreport object to "suppress blank subreport". You have also removed the subreport borders and in the section expert you have checked "suppress blank section" for the section containing the subreport.

It sounds like you have the "showPage = N" in the suppress section for the same section. This should not conflict with suppressing the blank section. Or is that you sometimes want to suppress the section but still be able to pass shared variables from the subreport to the main report?

-LB

Yep, that is correct. For some reason I'm getting a blank page at the end. If I take that "showPage = N" formula out that blank page disappears.

In what report section is the subreport located?

Is "showPage" a Parameter? Is this a Y/N parameter? Or can it be null? And the formula is entered in the "suppress" section NOT the suppress blank section?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back