Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress if duplicated 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricMa

Technical User
Aug 10, 2000
US
Good afternoon! Does anyone have a suggestion on the following situation? I have a state in the details section of my report and have formated that field by selecting "Suppress if duplicated". If I preview the report and the details SECTION is checked as Keep Together, the state appears at the top of every page. Is this the way this is supposed to function, or is there an option to suppress the field for the entire report? Thanks in advance.

If you don't want to see it at all in the entire report you can simply delete the field from the layout.

How often do you want to see it.
Not at all?
Once per report?
Once per group? Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

I have a similar kind of problem must be the same.

I have checked the 'Suppress If Duplicated' option for a field in details section.But I the number of that field exceed one page and fill on the other page, the field is not suppressed at the top of the second page.It appears on the first line (second page) again and is suppressed later for that page.

How can I avoid this?

Depends on how often you want a value to print in this column. Usually you can put the field on the group header or report header. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Thanks, I used another method to solve this problem

I unchecked the 'Supress if duplicated' option.
THen put the following formula in the 'Supress' option condition('X-2' box)

if (trim(Previous({fld})) = trim({fld})) and (trim(Previous ({GroupField})) = trim({rep.GroupField}) ) then
true
else
false

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back