Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress headings if there are no Details in crystal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lthomas6

MIS
Aug 22, 2007
US
I have a report where I would like to suppress the columns in the Group Header 2 if the details are blank.
How do I achieve this?

Is this Crystal Enterprise or Crystal Reports? And which version?

If you have no details, there should be no group. If you are suppressing some detail lines, it would be better to move the test to record selection.

Groups can test things like minimum and maximum for a field. Also suppress for tests, incling IsNull when the details are missing.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Since a GROUP is derived from the details, you cannot have a group value without at least one line in the details.

It's probably best to post example data and the expected output, along with your crystal and database versions.

-k

Sorry but I am using Crystal 10 with SQL database.
To be more specific to my question.
My report has the following layout:

Page Header
Group Header1 - is suppressed
Group Header2
Details
Group Footer 2
Group Footer 1
Report Footer - is suppressed
Page Footer

When the report is run, on some pages the columns located in Group Header2 show up at the bottom of the page with no details underneath it. Instead these details rollover to the next page. Instead, I would like the columns in Group header2 suppressed.

That's an entirely different issue. Go to report->group expert->group #2->options->check "Keep group together".

-LB

Thanks, But i have that already checked. Any other suggestions?

I really don't think you would get an orphaned group header at the bottom of the page if you had that checked. This is NOT the "keep together" option that you find in the section expert.

-LB

thank you for that clarification. I did it and it worked. Can you explain to me what the difference is between doing the keep together in the section expert vs the group expert?

Thanks again.

Section Expert applies just to that section. Group Expert applies to the whole group, group header and details and footer, as well as any lower-level groups.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back