Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Group Footer when Group Header Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleewms

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
US
Hi,

I working in CR 2013

I am looking for a way to ensure my GF1 Summary totals get printed with header information.

Below are my sections
RH & PH Suppressed
GH1a ( Grouped by Fund) {FundName}
GH1b {Datefield}
GH2 (Grouped by Client Status){ClientStatus}
GH3 (Grouped by Client last name, then first name) Suppressed
Details Suppressed
GF3a {ClientName}, {ClientAcct#}, {ClientDOB}, {FundBalance}
GF3b {AddressLine1}
GF3c {AddressLine2} (Suppress if Blank)
GF3d City State Zip
GF2 Status Subtotals
GF1 Fund Subtotals

I'm running into a problem when all of the fund's clients fit on one page and the fund summary is pushed to the next page. The fund summary appears WITHOUT the header information from GH1 although both 'Repeat Group Header on Each Page' and 'Keep Group Together' are selected.
I've attempted to resolve by splitting GF1 into three sections. I've copied the header fields in GH1a and GH1b and placed them into their corresponding GF1a and GF1b sections. GF1c now contains the Fund Subtotals.

I've tried unsuccessfully to suppress the GF1a and GF1b sections when on page one OR when GH1a and GH1b prints. Basically, I need to get the header information to appear, even if all that is remaining for that fund is the summary information. If there is another way to accomplish this, please let me know.

Thanks,
D. Lee

I was able to resolve the issue.

I created the following Boolean formula and named it Suppress
InRepeatedGroupHeader = false
and
pagenumber = totalpagecount
and pagenumber >1

I moved the conditional header information from GF1 to PHa. I then conditionally suppressed PHa when @Suppress = False.

Not sure if this is the cleanest or best route, but it returned the data in the requested format and removed the duplicate header info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back