Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Field and Display the Next 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryVitalogy

Technical User
Apr 15, 2005
US
I am unsure how to do the following.

The table that I'm using has 5 Yes/No fields. These fields are Invoice, Detail, Recap, Statement, and Consolidated. On the report, I changed the display so that if it is Yes, it will display the name of the field, and if it is no, it doesn't display. The problem I'm having is that if it is a no, I want the next field that is a "Yes" to display.

What I mean is that in the section of the report it has the unbound text boxes in vertical alignment like below:

Invoice
Detail
Recap
Statement
Consolidated

However, if only Consolidated is a "Yes", it looks awkward on the report, because it is skipping four lines. Or even worse, if Invoice and Consolidated are "Yes", then it'll look like this:

Invoice

Consolidated

SO, my question is this.....how do I suppress the blank fields, so that the next field in the list moves up. So, it will look like this:

Invoice
Consolidated

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Rory

check Can Grow and Can Shrink... the textboxes and the detail must be set to YES for both

PaulF

1. All yes no items should be tied to a query that produces yes (not no)
2. Take the query defined above and design a report listing the items vertically
3. Make the report a sub report of your main report and it will always show ony the yes answers reguardless if they are different for each record.

Rory,
What I did in a similar situation was drop a listbox on the form, make the borderstyle transparent, make the backcolor the same as the form, and load the text values into the rowsource.

You're left with an invisible box that has the values top justified in it.

Worked well for me, and it's pretty simple.

Tranman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back