Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Excel Message Boxes with VBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTillner

MIS
Apr 23, 2002
US
When I save a file or close a file I always get an Excel Generated Message box. I successfully turned these off in my Access macros, but not in my Excel Macro/VBA code. How can I get a Save as statment to save without asking if the file should be overwritten (if one already exists) -- I'm checking that in an earlier procedure and just want to execute without user intervention at this step!

Also, some files need to be closed without saving changes (temp files) and some always need changes saved (the main workbook) how can I do that without the user interface, I know which is which and don't want the user to give the wrong answer at run time!

Thanks!

Lynette

Take a look at the DisplayAlerts property of the Excel.Application object.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back