Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

suppress dups for subreports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedy33

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Im using crystal 8.5 and i have a report in which i have entered in 2 subreports. For some reason each subreport is repeating itself, and when i click on the subreport to check the "suppress dups" box, the check goes away and nothing happens. So i was just wondering what i need to do in order for the subreports only to show once. Thanks

Are you saying that the subreports are executing more times than they should? Place them in the group section that corresponds to the group field you are linking on.

If that doesn't help, please explain your overall group structure, the location of your subreports, and the field(s) you are linking on.

-LB

With my subreports I'm placing them each into a separate details section. And yes they are executing more than they should. All that im doing is creating a separate report where i create a few formulas and place them into the report. I'm then inserting the report as a subreport into the details B section of my main report. When i go to preview the report, the information on the subreport is repeated multiple times. I have tried to go to the design screen and format the subreport, but when i click on suppress dups the check will just disappear once i close the format screen. I hope that helps explain my problem a little bit better, if you need anything else i will try to help. Thak you for your help

I do not know if you have a solution to this problem, if your subreports are detail reports and you are adding them to your main report in the detail section they will repeat themself for every record it locate. To prevent this problem your detail subreports should be place in the header, footer or a group header or footer.

If these are unlinked subreports then place them in the report header or footer. If you are linking on a group field, then place them in a group header or footer section.

-LB

Thanks alot, they are unlinked so by placing them into footer section worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back