Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Duplicate Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRoompa

Technical User
Aug 20, 2008
US
CR 11, Oracle 10g

I have a report that pulls data for every 5th support ticket from the database. The report is used for followup customer survey. There can be many contacts for the same ticket, and also more than one phone number for each contact. I have this working by using a subreport that pulls the contact person or persons for the matching support ticket.

However, there are times when the report pulls multiple tickets with the same contact during the reporting period. They don't want to send 2-4 surveys out to the same contact, only bug them one time. So, not sure if I can suppress the entire ticket information section from the main report and the contact information from the subreport if the contact shows up more than once in the report.

Any advice would be appreciated.

may be this solution works..

At the report header level create a formula like
whileprintingrecords;
stringvar cotacts := ''

at the ticket information section update the formula like
whileprintingrecords;
stringvar contacts := contacts + ',' +'All the contacts you got from the subreport'

and in the supress section write the formula like

(not (contact in split(contacts,',')))

I think I see what you are suggesting.. loading the contacts into an array and then suppress the contacts found in the array. However, not sure I am doing it right, since this removes all of them, since they would all appear in the array. How to suppress on duplicates in the array?

load the contacts in to the array only if they are already been shown in the report.i.e. load the values into the array after the subreport and check the values before the subreport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back