Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress drilldown / dual columns 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySpanky

Programmer
May 25, 2005
AU
A couple of simple questions hopefully:

1) In the case of a main report with subreports can you prevent the user clicking the subreport area in the main report and having it open in a new tab? I tried ticking Suppress in the Section where the subreport is but it still occurs. I want the report to seem like a single complete report.

2) The report seems a bit bare width wise (not much text in each record), and I am thinking that I could fit two records side by side in each row, ie. Records 1,2 on row 1, 3 and 4 on row 2 etc. Can you tell the report you want two columns like this?

Thanks for any insights.

1) Sounds like you've used an ON Demand Subreport, don't, use a conventional subreport, they don't create new tabs.

2) Try right clicking the details section and select section expert (depends on your software version, please take the time to post your software version with any post about any software), then select format with multiple columns and you'll see a new tab appear up above in that window for formatting the multiple columns.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back