Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Distribution Lists in GAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclerico

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2005
US
I am creating an employee feedback portion on my company's intranet. The purpose for this is so that a project manager can give feedback to human resources regarding members of their teams. When the project manager gets through with the feedback, an e-mail gets generated and sent to an HR rep and to the person being evaluated. What I would like to do is the following:
-When the Project Manager goes to the portion of the site I am going to take the value in the LOGON_USER and query AD for his/her e-mail address so that there is no room for human error in filling it in
-I would like to populate a drop-down list with all of the users in the GAL for the PM to select from to give feedback on
-I would like all distribution lists excluded from the drop-down, only actual users should be shown

I have a pretty good idea how to do the first two things listed but I don't know how to suppress distribution groups from the GAL. Can anyone shed some light on how to do this?? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back