Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Compatibility Check Window when Updating Macros via VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

blairacuda

Technical User
Sep 3, 2009
US
currently our application only works with XLS files. we'll be updating soon but for now if a user has a XLSM spreadsheet they have to save it back to XLS for us to populate it. thats not a problem. but when my VB6 code updates and saves a macro in the XLS a compatibility check window appears on spreadsheets saved back to XLS and asks to whether or not they want to continue. this window appears behind my progress bar showing the update progress. the progress bar is shown from our application and the window is thrown by excel.

so my question about this window is a two parter:
1) is there a way i can programmatically not allow excel to show this window?
2) or is there a way i can bring it to the front? since excel is throwing the window and not our application i can't think of a way to capture it

thanks in advance.

CBlair
Crystal, InstallShield, branching out in other programming realms.

solved it

solution was: book.CheckCompatibility = False

of course this is only a solution if you do not want the compatibility check to be invoked during book.save. in our case it didn't need to be checked.

CBlair
Crystal, InstallShield, branching out in other programming realms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back