Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress Blank on Demand Subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

codrutza

Technical User
Mar 31, 2002
IE
CR XI
Maybe you could help.
I have a report with on demand subreports for each month. I named them aaa Jan, aaa Feb, ….bbb Jan, Some of them have values, some don’t. I want to suppress blank subreports, but I can’t. Let’s say aaa Feb is empty. I still see the title of it. I tried with suppress blank report:
if I have the subreport with on-demand subreport ticked, suppress blank report ticked doesn’t work;
if I have the subreport with on-demand subreport non ticked, suppress blank report ticked works.
Why is that? Is it a way to go around it?

I wonder if it is a matter of timing.

An on-demand subreport has not been run when your main report is being viewed. The main report it doesn't know whether the subreport is blank until it has been run so it cannot chose whether to suppress the subreport.

If the subreport is not "on demand" then the results will already be known when the main report is displayed so it will be displayed or suppressed correctly.

Andy

One way around would be if in the main report you can calculate the totals for each month. Then if the total for a month is 0 or null, then you'll know to suppress the coresponding on demand subreport.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back