Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress audible ring from 2nd incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevjb

MIS
Jun 13, 2003
US
I have Norstar MICS 6.0 with PRI w/ DID's target lines programmed to extension of set. Each set has 2 intercom/DID keys. Is there any way to suppress the constant audible ringing of another call coming in (until rolls to vmail 2-6 rings later) when already on a call? This ringing interferes when using speakerphone. Any way for just and audible beep or half-ring or something, like a Meridian PBX, etc.

If not, is there a way to differentiate ring/appear on the first intcom/DID key and the 2nd intcom/DID key to appear only and not audibly ring? I believe, this would at least eliminate the ring sound interfering with speakerphone and would still allow the ability of picking up a 2nd line, but would require the user to notice their key flashing since they get not audible ring - correct?

Do you have these options for that set?

1. Redirect Ring: No
2. Allow Redirect: Yes
3. Priority Call: No
4. DND on Busy: No

Hope this helps.

West Texas trying to do there part.
LubbTech

I have the same issue and the customer is hot to get this fixed.
LubbTech how would your suggestions help this issue?
Any ideas?

You have two areas you might look at and try. first is in terminals & Sets->capabilities->DND on busy and set to yes
the other is under target line the "IF Busy" can be set to BUSYTONE.
When a customer has VM I set the Target line if busy to prime and then the call forward busy to voicemail.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back