Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supporting a Novell environment, need help with user account/mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello,

I have to support a site now that uses the Novell server environment. eDirectory, Groupwise, Zenworks, Identity Manager etc...

My first task is to learn how to setup email addresses for new users and or change email addresses due to name changes etc. Apparently when a new user is created in eDirectory a mailbox is not automatically being created. Not sure if this is the norm or not.

Can someone give me a basic overview of where to go/what to use to manage the email portion of user accounts. Is there a bulk provisioning tool out there or is this what Identity Manager is supposed to do? We may have scenarios where we have to build or delete 100+ users at a time.

Don't take this the wrong way, but how could you be put in charge of this type of environment with no experience? I wouldn't attempt to manage an A.D. environment and feel good about myself. Aren't you doing a dis-service both to yourself and to the company??

It is true that a new eDirectory user doesn't automatically come with a GroupWise account. Not everybody gets an email account - right?? (utility accounts, test accounts).

I can't speak to the mass creation or deletion of users, but here are the basics of creating a Groupwise account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back