Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Support Library 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspank

Programmer
Aug 10, 2001
US
I have completed a project, built it into an excutable and placed it into a setup program. When I set it up on a clients machine I discover that an error comes upo stating it cannot find the Visual Support Library? How do I fix this problem where the program can run without visual foxpro on the client machine? When you sow a thought, you reap an act. When you sow an act, you reap a habit. When you sow a habit, you reap a character. When you sow a character, you reap a destiny.

The client machine doesn't need to have FoxPro installed, but you do need to distribute the support libraries with the executable.

Jim

vfp6r.dll and vfp6renu.dll should be in either your windows syustem directory or the same directoy in which your exe is located (the last is the most safest).

(I assumed you are using VFP 6.0)

HTH,

Weedz (Wietze Veld)
My private project:CrownBase source code can be downloaded !!

If you get confused, use the VFP Setup Wizard, it asks a few questions about your project and makes a reasonable installation set of it for you. I use it all the time for simple apps.

For more complicated things I used Install Shield or MS Visual Studio Installer, but you need to know a lot about library dependencies to use it successfully.
-Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back