Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Support for dimension objects and DDL in Designer 9i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noMoreHandles

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
CA
Just wondering two things about Designer 9i:

1. Is there support for the dimension object? I don't mean dimension tables, rather the object that allows you to define levels and hierarchies within dimension tables. I've looked in the help file and can't find any reference to them.

2. This may be a "nice to have" but I have seen it in other CASE tools. Ideally I'd like the tool to include an interface for every possible aspect of every DDL command, but I would settle for the ability to customize or add custom DDL. For example, with foreign keys in a datawarehouse I would like to add RELY NOVALIDATE. Does anyone know a way to do this?

I realize that I could you OWB to model the data warehouse, but Oracle does offer some dimensional modeling and data warehouse specific features within Designer, and I just think that they shouldn't offer an incomplete solution.

Cheers,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back