Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supervisor Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbomrrsm

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
GB
We are having a very strange problem where general supervisors are getting disabled all the time.

My feeling is that someone who has access to supervisor at a lower level can see the general supervisor names and are attempting to log on and after trying this a few times (and getting the password wrong) the account gets disabled.

I dont know of any way of monitoring this to see who/where (pc id) is doing this so if there is a way then ideas very welcome.

Otherwise does anyone know of a way of hiding general supervisor names from other supervisors so they dont know the log in name. Or is there a way of setting a general supervisor id with unlimited password attempts without locking.

My main worry if someone does this for all general supervisors we may be left with no general supervisor access.

TIA

[bandito] [blue]DBomrrsm[/blue] [bandito]

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

This is a common problem when the Supervisor module is not organized properly. What you have to do for avoiding such situation is follow the following suggestions:

1. The General Supervisor is always created in top level group or folder. In the same level do not create any supervisor access users.

2. Create a group "Super User" and move all your Supervisor in this group and place them in all other groups they need to belong too.

This will hide them from seeing the list of General Supervisor.

muralimk

Thanks very much - a very sinsible sugestion.

[bandito] [blue]DBomrrsm[/blue] [bandito]

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back