Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Supervised transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILBOTEK

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2020
GB
Do you have to do anything special to enable supervised transfer for a softphone setup as a generic sip device on a mitel icp 3300 v 8.0 sp2?

There is an attended transfer option on the microsip client I am testing but it is grayed out. The ip 5224 phones we have can do this. The conference feature works however.

Many thanks

you might have to run it in extended mode to allow attended transfers
- also in mivb add a 2nd line as a multicall of the prime set to ring
- this often helps with transfers on sip devices

Softphone usage modes:
Single call mode - single window, basic functionality. Enabled by default.
Extended mode - two windows, multiple calls, conferences, attended transfers.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks Billz, I did have the softphone in extended mode, what I needed to do was simply dial the number I want to transfer to and then the attended transfer option becomes available. I had been thinking you would press the attended transfer option then dial the number as you do on an actual ip phone.

Also I note button number one of the generic sip device on the mitel server is already configured to line type multi call which must I guess must have been the default as I don't recall setting that when I created the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back