Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Superpose two fields in an HTML table

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilrbn

Programmer
Oct 29, 2002
FR
I want to superpose two fields in the same cell.
One is a textbox, the other one a listbox.

<td align=&quot;left&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;>
<asp:textbox id=&quot;txt&quot; runat=&quot;server&quot; Visible=&quot;False&quot;></asp:textbox>
<asp:listbox id=&quot;lst&quot; runat=&quot;server&quot; Visible=&quot;False&quot; Rows=&quot;1&quot;></asp:listbox>
</td>

I only manage to put one field above the other one. Depending on the visible value, I display the text or the list. They absolutely need to be at the same top.
I don't want to precise a position. I'm using the table to fit to every screen size and can only use percentages.

How can I do this ?

When you place 2 controls one after the other in a <td> tag, and when you make the 1st control invisible, the 2nd control occupies the 1st control postion on the screen. Similarly when you make 2nd control invisible, the first control has it 1st position..
This is by default..

Yep ! it's working fine !!
Many thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back