Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SuperPipe 155 Password Reset Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDeke

Systems Engineer
Feb 12, 2019
US
I am trying to reset the admin password on a SuperPipe 155 using the directions in this thread, and am having trouble getting it to work.

First, a quick check: My understanding is that the default password on these units is Ascend (including the capital A). Is this correct? If not, what is the default password?

The SuperPipe 155 came with software version 9.1-144.3 on it. Following MaxPipeline's directions in the other thread, I held down the button on the rear of the unit, powered it on, and reached the SPIPE> prompt.

The next step in the directions is to type "EF" (presumably standing for Erase Flash) and press enter. This command does not appear in my SuperPipe's SPIPE> menu. When I type it anyway, nothing happens:

Code:
SuperPipe Platform - 1300-0290-001

Boot Rom Version 9

bg      Boot program from flash
cf      Check flash
df      Download program to flash then boot
ep      Erase program area
mt      Memory test
?       Help
h       Help

SPIPE>EF

SPIPE>

I proceeded to then perform the next step of the directions, which was to run EP. This appeared to run as expected:

Code:
SPIPE>EP
Erasing program image area of flash 1
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Erasing program image area of flash 2
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

However, I did note that my system said it was erasing the _program image area_ of flash 1 and flash 2, while MaxPipeline's output shows erasing _contents_ of flash 1 and flash 2. I suspect this may be the cause of my problem.

Per the instructions, I then used the DF command and XModem to upload software version 7.4.2 to the SuperPipe. When the transfer finished and the router rebooted, the screen did indicate that it was now running software version 7.4.2, but the old configuration (apparently including passwords) was still in place, leaving me unable to configure the system.

I used the same procedure to reinstall version 9.1-144.3, but the old configuration and passwords still remained.

I know this is an ancient piece of equipment, but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas about what I could try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back