Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Superimposing (vid on vid) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude40

Technical User
Sep 26, 2004
US
(First Post)
I'm using Premiere Pro. When superimposing two vids(one of a friend and another clip) I would like to eliminate the background of the vid with my friend so it's like a headshot. Is this possible? The problem is the background is in the way even when altering the opacity. I would hate to have to break it down to a frame by frame Photoshop project. Also can I "pin" the headshot to the headshot of the underneath vid?

Hope this isn't too confusing, I'm fairly new to Premiere but desparately want to learn.

Thanks for any help.

Hi there
There is no really easy way to do this other than by what is called rotoscoping, ie. doing it frame by frame which is rather slow,unless,,, you are very lucky.
If the background which includes the vid of your friend is of a reasonably uniform colour then try using chromakey to remove the background. However, do remember that simply removing the background will leave you a space that you have to fill with something, perhaps simply black?
I am not sure what you mean by pinning the headshot to the headshot but can offer more advice if you can be a bit more explicit.
I hope that this helps.
Raphael

Thanks Raphael. I think I found a cure for placing (pinning) the head on the "underneath" video. It's a program called Icarus.

I appreciate your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back