Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUNWspro, where do I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetbloke

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
NL
Can anyone help me out with this. I ned to install this package on Solaris 8 box. and have no idea where to get it from.

Can you tell me what SUNWspro is? I have done some searching on the net and it seems to be a C compiler. Is this correct? If so does it have to be that exact compiler? If you just need a C compiler get GCC 3.2 package from and install it. To install the package after you download it unzip it and type pkgadd -d and the package name.

Hope this helps

SUNWspro is the workshop IDE and compilers. As far as I know, you'll have to order this from Sun.

"SUN Workshop" IDE now calls "FORTE" (Forte C, Forte for Java ...) since release 6. Visit sun.com > Download > Application Development

If I remember correctly it is on the solaris 8 installation disks. do a find and you should find it. Micha Grunberg
Unix Sys-Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back